Monday, January 19, 2015

The Mystery of Strength


As I have been thinking, fasting, praying this last week, these thoughts have begun to root in my heart.

Strength is so often not what I perceive. In fact it is often the opposite.

Strength is Waiting on the Lord
Strength is Putting off the old and Putting on the new
Strength is submitting to the Lord's discipline
Strength is being Transformed
Strength is forgetting what is behind and pressing into what is ahead
Strength is Trusting God, and releasing the things in my life I most love
Strength is The evidence of things hoped for



Yesterday I lingered in worship, what a blessing to worship and draw near to God, to sense the touch of the Holy Spirit, to hear the calling of Jesus. I felt the Lord speak to me to encourage my heart.

Telling me that He was healing my heart, physically and emotionally, that He was changing my heart and giving me the heart of a Lion! ( I am not making this up!) That I will be strong, bold and fearless, and like a lion who watches over his pride I would watch over the ones in my care!

Wow, I humbly receive. In my heart I thought Really? But I will not doubt I will trust Him!

This search for strength is taking me to places that I did not anticipate and I am blown away. Such a journey, it just makes me smile. I am trusting in different ways becoming strong in Him and the power of His might. This truth is such a small seed in my heart, it taking root and my prayer is Lord root me deeply in you:)

"My starting point is that we are already there. We cannot attain the presence of God because we are totally in the presence of God. What is absent is our awareness"     
 Richard Rhor,  Everything Belongs

"Once you find the trail you are faced with this sobering truth- in order to go on it you must let go of what brought you here. You cannot go on without turning you back on the very things that brought you to this place."  
Mike Yacconelli


No comments: