Friday, June 19, 2009

Time to Refresh:)

Friday at last, I decided to take a stress free Friday from work. So today is a free day to catch up on home things like washing, cleaning and this afternoon I plan to go to the garden centres and get some nice plants for the deck. Hopefully the rain clears out later so that I can putter around outside a bit.

Yesterday, we rented a 27 foot U haul for Hannah House and hauled out a full truck of garbage, donated items, that were junk! Expired car seats, unsafe cribs, broken chairs, dressers, Sometimes it really bugs me that people give us the stuff they should be taking to the junk. We get it and then we have to pay to remove it. Oh well. It was fun to purge the place, it should be a whole lot easier to keep things clean now that the junk has been removed once again.

I just wish people would trust us and donate $ instead of old stuff. We are so careful not to spend unwisely, and when we bulk buy we can get really good prices for the things the girls and babies need. I will just have to keep on trying to encourage people to give $ instead of stuff.

So now I am off to wash the sheets. Hope the sun stays out:)

No comments: