Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Thank you List

I have been on a quest in the past year to live in the moment. To be present in my life, not worrying about the future or mourning the past.

This Christmas my Shotsie gave me a gift of the book "one thousand gifts" low and behold the author of this book is on a similar journey, she is far ahead of me on the path but I recognized the trail and have put my walking boots on again in search of the elusive, being present and full of life and joy in each moment that God  gifts me.

In "one thousand gifts" the author muses about the lack of joy in our lives being linked with an ungrateful heart. That when we give thanks to the Lord in all things we open ourselves to live in the moment and to experience the blessing and joy of the moment.

It grieves me to say that in my soul search I know that I have a very ungrateful heart. Before I say thank you to anything in the moment I have already gone to the future and or to the past and stressed away the gift of the moment. What to do? Turn to God and ask him to forgive, yes...but more than that; practice thankfulness slow down and stay in the moment, turning to God's face each time being aware of his gifts and changing my hearts pattern to one of thank giving; true and genuine thanks giving.

1. for the book "one thousand gifts"
2. for the winter sun shining through blinds warming my afternoon.


No comments: